Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spectacular Sky, Transformative Sunset

There is nothing like the magnificence of a sunset and I recently experienced a sunset that was just spectacular and unlike any sunset I can remember in my life. The clouds left only room for a slight opening in the sky…so as the sun moved toward the horizon it was invisible…only more and more vibrant colors radiated from the sky. A little village could be seen built by clouds. The first colors scattered across the lower clouds and the imaginary village. Yet as the sun peeked through the clouds – the most intense reds and pinks – it shot rays in every direction – up, down, out and beyond. Then the intensity hit the upper clouds and dispersed out like a massive crown of light, bursting energy in every which way, every direction imaginable. It was one of the longest most dramatic sunsets I have ever experienced. As I sat and marveled at the colors in the sky transform from delicate blues, pinks and purples to radiant fuschia, fire red, brilliant orange and yellows, I was mesmerized by the beauty, brilliance and life – breathtaking, pure joy and love.

This is life…plain and simple – it doesn’t get much better than this. It is in these moments that nothing else has meaning, just breathing it in, taking it in and appreciating the simple things in life. I sat and stared and the most perfect music poured into my ears, Snatam Kaur’s By thy Grace…repeating Peace to all…Life to all…Love to all…isn’t that really it? Between the sunset and the music I was swept away in the moment…the grace and beauty of it and the glory and joy that is my life. The simplicity of it. What a spectacular moment in which everything and any thing else melted away, leaving me with myself, my breath and the earth’s elements. Gratitude and grace, pure and simple. I am grateful for these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment