Thursday, April 23, 2009

After the Dark Comes Light

You can shine a light and dispel darkness, but you cannot shine "dark" and dispel light. ~ JJ Dewey

I went to an event last night called, Share Your Beauty. The theme of the event was that we all can share our beauty more to be more authentically ourselves, happier and overcome difficult times. There were inspirational speakers and healers, conscious musicians and authors, and media. When I was interviewed, I was asked about the current economic situation and how it is a hard time for people and what words of wisdom would I have to share with others to get through it.

I took a deep breath. Throughout my life, I have known darkness well and have always found the light. That is what I said. Take a deep breath and remember the mantra, "after the dark comes light." I know it well and repeated it often in times of darkness. But I always found the light, even in the darkest times. The reason is that I chose the light and chose to continue moving towards the light.

Don't get me wrong, there were moments in which I got stuck, muddled, in darkness, victimhood, fear, anger and depression. But I always remembered that I could choose light and that it might not come on my own timeframe (as nothing ever seems to), but it would always eventually come if I continued to stay focused on the light and remind myself and tell myself that this darkness too shall pass.

If you are in dark times, remember that focusing on the darkness, staying committed to the darkness, choosing the darkness will keep you there. Find a way, to always remember the light and commit to the light. Even if it takes longer than you think and more darkness than you think you can stand, stay committed to the light - the longer and darker the darkness, the stronger and brighter the light will be when it finally does come!

When a light is turned on in the darkness, the darkness is no more. Darkness cannot extinguish light, but light can cause darkness to immediately disappear. ~ JJ Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment