Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Handful of Patience

A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains. ~Dutch Proverb

When I found this quote, I had to laugh out loud (lol, for those of you used to texting)! Leave it to the Dutch to have such a proverb - so wise and true, and of course funny too! As I thought about what I wanted to write about today it was patience and how my never ending journey seems to be about patience.

You see, I am an Aquarius, and no, we are not known for our patience. We see things way ahead of time, patterns and opportunities, often that others don't see for a long time or ever. And we think that it must happen NOW!

Please note: I said "think." You see, our brain, our mind, while an amazing tool, can also be an incredible impediment - it can really stand in the way of so much of our happiness. I have seen this a lot lately when I am in the flow of life and trusting that things are happening as they should, often times my mind will jump in and start saying things like, "What are you waiting for? You are being lazy! Don't wait around for something to happen, make it happen!" It is amazing how quick it is to jump into, ok, so you planted some seeds now get moving.

What we often forget to realize is that there is a gestation period and while we may want to speed that up or hurry things...that is not in nature's plan - for fruits, vegetables and otherwise as well as for us humans!

If you are beginning to get a little impatient, with how things around you aren't happening fast enough, or with your own growth, take a deep breath, do your part and then practice a little patience and trust that things will reveal themselves as they are meant to and enjoy the journey!

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew. ~ St. Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment