Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Have a Choice

Even if you cannot control what happens to you, you are ultimately in charge of how you choose to respond. ~ Unknown

This is so simple yet true. We may not be in control of what happens to us and the world around us, but we definitely have the ability to choose how we respond. I know for me this is not always easy to remember (I'm a stubborn Aquarian after all ;). Yet, I am beginning to see that as I allow what comes to come and I choose to respond in peaceful, joyful and loving ways, it always turns out for the better.

Have you ever noticed:
What you resist persists!

Well this is very true in the choices we make. If we choose to be irritated, frustrated, angry or otherwise then that irritation, frustration and anger persists. I often come across people who say yeah, but you are special Pilar, somehow things work that way for you. I am no more special than any one else. We are all amazing gifts on this planet, it is just that we must see ourselves as such for our lives to unfold and manifest that way.

Last year, I took a BIG RISK in creating some major changes in my life. For my first project out of the gate, I fell flat on my face. I had a choice to retreat into despair and disappointment or the choice to see this as an opportunity, a lesson, to learn from and get back up and continue moving forward. Needless to say, I chose the latter and my life is so much better as a result.

What are the choices you are making? How can you turn any negative outcome into a positive opportunity? How can you take this 'out of control' world we live in and choose to make it a better place? Try it today and see how the gifts and magic begin to unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment