Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Giving Liberates the Soul of the Giver

I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver. ~ Maya Angelou

Today I woke up thinking about giving. I went to bed thinking about giving as I had gone to a kundalini yoga class and was reminded that when we give we receive. What is even more amazing, is that when we give, we receive many times fold what we gave in the first place. It is totally counterintuitive. Especially during times when things are tight, we think, I'll give when I can. But what if it was the exact opposite? What if we gave when things were tight and it helped more to flow in?

The quote by Maya Angelou truly is powerful for me. Giving not only liberates the soul, it helps us ascend to our greater selves. After working in giving for many years, I have seen so many people's lives transformed. Yes, the receivers are always grateful and benefit. But it is the givers within which I have seen the most change. After a day of volunteering, I have watched first time volunteers cry with joy at the experience and the knowingness of what they have contributed but also at what they have received as a direct result of giving. It is a beautiful cycle and flow. You can not give without receiving and you can not receive without giving.

Enjoy the day! OneGiving is coming soon...make sure to sign up for our updates so you know when we launch our global e-giving community.
in peace and gratitude, ;) pilar

No comments:

Post a Comment