Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our Rebirth and Resurrection

Easter...is a day to banish doubts and seek the slopes where the sun is rising, to revel in the faith which transports us out of ourselves and the dead past into the vast and inviting unknown. ~Author unknown

While I am not a religious person, I very much appreciate spirituality and finding our common path, despite the divergence of religion. This weekend I realized I really didn't know what Easter really symbolized. So I asked around and looked it up. Funny thing is, just about every religion has some sort of spiritual ceremony this time of year to celebrate the coming of spring and "rebirth" or resurrection. In Christian religion, it symbolizes the resurrection of Christ three days after his crucifixion. Easter is also linked on the calendar to Jewish Passover. For pagans, it is tied to the spring equinox and the fertility of the crops. For Sikhs, the holiday is Vaisakhi and is tied to the beginning of the harvest season and the birth of the Sikhs. So many cultures and religions celebrate this spiritual time.

The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. ~Robert Flatt

I like the idea of this being a time of resurrection, of a rebirth of sorts. That is what it feels like for me. Every year, I grow and change a little bit more. This year feels particularly transformative as I make choices every day to live a life of peace, love and joy rather than choosing drama, suffering and fear. Today I spent the day doing Kundalini yoga and attending the Vaisakhi festival in downtown Los Angeles. It was a sea of colors and beautiful, bright shining and smiling faces. It was a reminder of our uniqueness and of our collective oneness at the same time. For me the "re" in rebirth and resurrection is the key - "re" meaning again. That is for me, it is a time to rediscover the parts of me that I thought I had lost and show up more fully and authentically as me every day and in every new moment.

With the resurrection and rebirth, comes new life, new energy, new love, new joy and renewed faith that anything is truly possible. No matter what the circumstances, this is a time for your rebirth...what do you want to tap into and pull out from within? What do you want to re-discover about yourself? Find the time to resurrect one part of you that you thought you might have lost. What new opportunity awaits you - find it and go for it! Enjoy the spring and this amazing time of rebirth and rediscover yourself and all your gifts and share them with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment